Home : Gallery : History : Uses : Behaviour : Maths : Forum : Propulsion : Links : Glossary
Main Forum Page

The Gyroscope Forum

10 May 2024 22:10

Welcome to the gyroscope forum. If you have a question about gyroscopes in general, want to know how they work, or what they can be used for then you can leave your question here for others to answer. You may also be able to help others by answering some of the questions on the site.

Search the forum:  

Question

Asked by: roy hollyer
Subject: Propulsion
Question: I think that propulsion is possible, take two gyros O O flexibly fix these two gyos together at the top of each axle...place the two gyros in a further giant lightweight disc with two holes at opposite sides to take and support the 2 gyros on gymbols ...add a axle on the big disc then rotate the big disc ( this will make the already rotating smaller gyros in the disc constantly in a differing place about a circle) then by a radio controlled soleniod pull the two gyros top axle from ONE edge of the big disk..... contract will lift ........expand will add weight,
I tried it very crudly and it briefly worked i dont have the engineering capability to create this properly if someone can tell me how to upload a drawing i will do so. The idea is ever so simple just requires a good engineer to bring it about.... mabe I am wrong but I have never seen anything like it and thought of the idea many years ago comments welcome best regards Roy
Date: 27 March 2008
report abuse

Answers (Ordered by Date)

• No answers yet
  • Add an Answer >>
    Website. Copyright © 2024 Glenn Turner. All rights reserved. site info
    Do not copy without prior permission. Click here for gyroscope products