Home : Gallery : History : Uses : Behaviour : Maths : Forum : Propulsion : Links : Glossary
Main Forum Page

The Gyroscope Forum

27 April 2024 19:35

Welcome to the gyroscope forum. If you have a question about gyroscopes in general, want to know how they work, or what they can be used for then you can leave your question here for others to answer. You may also be able to help others by answering some of the questions on the site.

Search the forum:  

Question

Asked by: Alain Moran
Subject: Multiple Gyroscopes
Question: Sorry if this question has been asked before, but I couldnt find anything by searching for anything I could think of.

I have a childhood memory of watching a documentary (possibly Horizon or Arena) on UK television in the 1980's about an ex air-force mechanic (?) who had arranged (if memory serves me correctly) three or four gyroscopes working 'against' each other in a similar fashion to a speed limiter on a steam engine.

ie:
The natural motion of the gyros against their angle to gravity would push them in one direction, which would in turn act against other gyros to produce an apparent levitation effect ... the last I heard of the guy he went off to work with a company in Australia (which apparently failed).

I was wondering if anyone had ever heard of this bloke and what his name was?

Does anyone else remember the documentary?
Date: 24 June 2008
report abuse

Answers (Ordered by Date)

Answer: Sandy Kidd - 27/06/2008 08:22:57
 Hello Alain,
I am pretty sure the bloke you are asking about is me.
The program was an ITV 30 minute documentary called “The Man Who Wants To Change The World”
Your description of the mode of operation is wrong but I suppose at that time it would not have mattered too much as nobody knew how or why it worked.
However I did go to Australia, but the device I built there did not fail, in fact it was blessed with the first and only endorsement of its kind which proved inertial drive is possible. The tests were carried out in the VIPAC Laboratories in Port Melbourne, where 20 successful consecutive runs out of 20 were carried out.
However when shown to academics at a certain university it was described as “junk” and thrown by one of them, unopened on to a desk.
If that is failure, then it failed.
In fairness one of them, a professor, after the rest had gone, told me that he would like to help me, but said he would really like to be able to return to work next Monday. That just about says it all.
Acceptance over the last 20 odd years has proved to be well nigh impossible to achieve, but now I am past caring.
Thanks for the memory
Regards,
Sandy Kidd.

Report Abuse
Add an Answer >>
Website. Copyright © 2024 Glenn Turner. All rights reserved. site info
Do not copy without prior permission. Click here for gyroscope products