Home : Gallery : History : Uses : Behaviour : Maths : Forum : Propulsion : Links : Glossary
Main Forum Page

The Gyroscope Forum

28 April 2024 11:11

Welcome to the gyroscope forum. If you have a question about gyroscopes in general, want to know how they work, or what they can be used for then you can leave your question here for others to answer. You may also be able to help others by answering some of the questions on the site.

Search the forum:  

Question

Asked by: David Eugene Cowlishaw
Subject: Where are my mirror sites?
Question: In Googling my 11 year public experiment on inertial propulsion, code named "GIT", and "update34.htm", I got one hit, this site.

Open.org shut me down, and I've not been able to publically relate my further progress since. The ALFA series works, the DHARMIA project failed momentarily (Dual Hammer Angularly Reciprocating Mass Inertial Accelerator), needing additional balancing angular forces. Lacking experimental funds (and directed time), the project languishes.

The ALFA specs, outlined in update34, are real, have proven out (unloading point mass angular accelerations about the main axis, onto, and off of the axis of the orbital in a directed fashion), but lacking support, and dealing mostly with lookey-loos and wannabes, I am disappointed in you Hoomans! :)

Git it together people, support your beliefs, and cast aside your doubts, if you want to terraform Mars, and populate the asteroid belt with me, experiment, and publish!

David Eugene Cowlishaw
Date: 18 August 2008
report abuse

Answers (Ordered by Date)

Answer: glenn hawkins - 18/08/2008 21:58:12
 Hi David.

I’m Glad to see your still kicking. I had wondered about you. I’ve read most of what you’ve written. You were all over the web and probably still are. The ringtone idiot with a fool-in-proof plan sat out to make an idiot fortune by idiotically attacking these sites. He caused the Canadian to shut down the engineering site where much of this began, as you know. The caretakers of this site outwitted the idiot. I don’t know about open.org. It seems to be a library nobody reads from, but I’m sorry anyway. Your presentations are probably the best out there. Good luck.

Hang In There David Eugene,
Glenn

Report Abuse
Answer: David E Cowlishaw - 30/11/2008 07:31:21
 Glenn;

Still kicking! Was diverted by the weak (but positive) performance by the ALFA design (a centrifugal force difference front to back of infinitely approaching 2 (shades of Zeno's paradox), that relies on the unloading of tangential angular accelerations onto the orbital with equal in force, but opposite in angular direction counter spin accelerations.

The physically modeled DHARMIA (Dual Hammer Angularly Reciprocating Mass Inertial Accelerator) has a 9 to one front to back angular velocity, I made a working model, but it just wiggled (no thrust).

The crucial element is the transfer of momentum from one axis to the other in the circuit, off-loading the reverse direction tangential forces onto and off of the axis of the orbital(s).

A more recent blend of the DHARMIA and the ALFA is called the SHARRMIA (Spin Hammer Angularly Reciprocating Ring Mass Inertial Accelerator), a much more robust thruster (in theory). I have modeled a 9 to one tangential velocity machine with a 12 to one spin ratio (front to back), with a Radius ratio of 1.77777 that works.

Only problem is I need to link the orbitals with a ring gear that has to turn a smidge faster than the main axle to maintain the spin accelerations without them going backwards, and fit it into a rotational device that allows no center axle conections (or outside bearing gear containment).

With a 200 buck a month "disposable income" with bread, water, and a roof over my head (she got the title to my flipped homes, long story), I'm hanging on, but still thinking.

ANYway, thanks for your efforts, one of these days I may be able to charter my own space tug and go laser tagging useful ore from the asteroid belt, and get away from "earthly concerns".

Later!

David E. Cowlishaw

Report Abuse
Answer: Glenn Hawkins - 01/12/2008 15:17:08
 Hi David,

Try this.
http://www.gyroscopes.org/forum/qa.asp?forum=1&orderby=recentquestions&forumsearch=

It is for propulsion articles here on this site. In its ‘sorting by’ history you will find many ideas, most really bad, but some good ones. Also you might find it might be better suited for sharing your ‘SHARRMIA’. You could re-post there.

Many years ago when it was then possible, I took my plans to NASA. Their head engineer in charge of new ideas was so kind as to look over my drawings and discuses them and other things with me for several hours. He even gave me a tour of his projects around Redstone Arsenal. I was very lucky. This is not possible any more. In the end he showed me why my alternating centrifugal machine wouldn’t work. I was impressed by him. I respected him, but I could not abandon my dreams and logical designs. For a couple of years afterwards I kept testing and learning, until finally I knew he was correct. For others it may be different, but for me no method of manipulating centrifuge to produce propulsion is possible.

There are ideas about a certain type of gyroscopic propulsion and the tests that support them that I still find perhaps possible. In all these long years I have not been able to prove that my design with the silly name of ‘space inch worm’ would not work. You might be able to build a model and test it if you chose. In my mind that design would be the best chance anybody has.

I am genuinely sorry to here about your troubles. I am that way about people. I don’t make light of your troubles, but what about cancer? It could be worse, David.

Well, keep on keeping on,
Glenn

Report Abuse
Add an Answer >>
Website. Copyright © 2024 Glenn Turner. All rights reserved. site info
Do not copy without prior permission. Click here for gyroscope products