Home : Gallery : History : Uses : Behaviour : Maths : Forum : Propulsion : Links : Glossary
Main Forum Page

The Gyroscope Forum

2 May 2024 18:26

Welcome to the gyroscope forum. If you have a question about gyroscopes in general, want to know how they work, or what they can be used for then you can leave your question here for others to answer. You may also be able to help others by answering some of the questions on the site.

Search the forum:  

Question

Asked by: PATRICK HILL
Subject: LITE SPEED
Question: IF PERPETUALITY REACHED,TO LEARN CONTROL A MUST. BUT OF WHAT 2 SHOW UPON REACHING SPEED OF LIGHT......IS IT LIGHT ITSELF
Date: 10 September 2008
report abuse

Answers (Ordered by Date)

Answer: Glenn Hawkins - 22/12/2008 22:00:56
 Pat,

I think the packets of electrons that make up a beam of light would be traveling so fast they would stay on the verge, the edge, of almost changing their shape and structure, but not yet ready to collide head on with other in coming packets as the might do with greater speed, instead of all of them always doing a slingshot around one another as I believe happens. If all the electromagnet force in the universe is connected as might be also in gravity to some infinitesimally low amount, then that would stead some light (I make a pun.) on realizing mechanically why Einstein’s universe won’t permit anything to go faster than the speed of light including light itself. I once built some designs that were interesting about how everything might be both glued, and almost glued to gather, but when you come right down to it, I’d be one of the last one to know it were really real. It’s all fascinating isn’t it.

Glenn,

Report Abuse
Add an Answer >>
Website. Copyright © 2024 Glenn Turner. All rights reserved. site info
Do not copy without prior permission. Click here for gyroscope products