Home : Gallery : History : Uses : Behaviour : Maths : Forum : Propulsion : Links : Glossary
Main Forum Page

The Gyroscope Forum

3 May 2024 04:46

Welcome to the gyroscope forum. If you have a question about gyroscopes in general, want to know how they work, or what they can be used for then you can leave your question here for others to answer. You may also be able to help others by answering some of the questions on the site.

Search the forum:  

Question

Asked by: Glenn Hawkins
Subject: NUTS, FLUTTER & BALANCE
Question:
Luis G. and Harry K., I have never seen an endeavor that caused so much conflict and near hatred. Listen to me.

At sometime in your life you have see the film clip of an early attempt to design a helicopter. The thing was a 1920 automobile with something resembling a huge umbrella over head. The umbrella was jerked up and down very fast and the car responded by bouncing up and down. Of course it didn’t lift, but such bouncing action as you surely remember should act a little like this ’flutter, or balance ’ that a set of four gyros should look and act a little like in space . They might! bounce forward gaining acceleration. I don’t think a ‘static point’ has a chance, but the ‘fluttering’ if it works at all (doubtful) does not look like a solution for space travel. It probably neither would work, but they haven’t been tried and burred out, so they can‘t be ruled out.

In any case it seems like this ‘site mathematical genius’ has been going on for a year and isn’t finished. It’s going nowhere. Mr. Kidd said build the thing. That dose not seem difficult at all (unlike my designs) and surly it wouldn’t take long to do. Less than a month-- weeks? Leave the math to the mathematicians and physics who can eat the math with a spoon in under ten minutes and leave nothing for argument. Get it over with. Build it. Not even you two-- let alone anyone else-- will believe one another, until it’s tested. You have no following, zero, niche, nada. Get back on track with interesting, fun ideas.

Have a wonderful day, now,
Glenn
Date: 17 November 2008
report abuse

Answers (Ordered by Date)

Answer: Glenn Hawkins - 18/11/2008 15:28:53
 Below we have a response from one of the fellows:

“And a last thing. I've never claimed to achieve propulsion with the balance point theory but only to achieve a static balance point with useful parameters and boundary conditions. And by the way I'm working currently on a test setup to prove or disprove my claims.”

You see? “. . . a static balance point with parameters and boundary” means only that the gyro precesses in a higher elevated plane at an angle. You’ve all here already done that with your toy gyro, perhaps a hundred times on purpose, and accidentally.

If this ‘gyro math’ doesn’t support propulsion, what’s its usefulness here on a propulsion site, and why have we been chosen to receive this gift of an endless process of freshman math solution hunting? Are we supposed to grade papers? If that’s not it then why can’t we bare to wait, until the riddle is solved and shorten and double checked and then presented -- one time only? Does Junior want us to watch him work? To say we don’t have to read it, is no excuse for its existence, or the splenetic plastering of it like tired and virulent wallpaper on our boards and expect that to be a justification and a defense against a fed-up forum.

Have a darling day my beauties,
Glenn

The test will be a blessing around here -- if that means closure. But I don’t understand what is being tested. You can set your toy to perform at a steady, constant 45o angle in three seconds. I scratch my head. Is that not your test -- all that’s needed?

P.S. Patrick,
Help these two fellows out. They could certainly use a little more instruction from you. Keep training them in dimensional analytics. Go get ’um pal. You can find their threads. Post away.

Report Abuse
Answer: Glenn Hawkins - 19/11/2008 03:26:58

Yet again we hear the banging of that drum:

[[[ Harry K. - 18/11/2008 20:31:31 Dear forum,
[[[ Unfortunately I have discovered some mistakes in the introduced symbols and units
[[[ posted on 20/10/2008 20:45:29.
[[[ Wrong symbols:

A year of this, “. . . I have discover I make some more mistakes. . .”

More banging on de drum: A message below to me:

[[ Harry K. - 18/11/2008 21:21:26
[[ Hello forum,
[[. . . better read a (very very simple) science fiction book, because he isn't able to [[ understand the difference between an overhung gyro which precession is caused [[ by gravity and a forced precessed gyro which is driven by a motor hub!

But the earlier banging I heard was:

[[[ Harry K. - 18/11/2008 10:39:31
[[[ Hello forum,
[[[ I've never claimed to achieve propulsion with the balance point theory but only to [[[ achieve a static balance point with useful parameters and boundary conditions.

Harry, my main man, nec, nec, nec, nec, nec. (tongue clicking) What you call a balance point is a common condition.
(1.) If angular momentum is strong enough against the force of gravity a gyro on pedestal, or string will remain balanced at any angle one chooses.

(2.) If enough rotational force is applied to a precessing gyro the gyro will rise to whatever angle one chooses. If then the rotational force is lessened exactly enough, the gyro will remain at this balanced point.

Both procedures produce a balance point, whether powered by gravity or rotational torque. The result of either method can be compared perfectly within the boundaries, my main man, above has set. So now who doesn’t understand what ‘you’ said? You are me? You said you only wanted to “. . . achieve a static balance point with useful parameters and boundary conditions. Nec, nec, nec, nec, nec. I gave you the solution and now you insult me.

Harry, I shall now ask you a question.
Do you like apples?
How do you like them apples?
When might we expect a closure to this?
Your pal, Glenn

Report Abuse
Answer: Glenn Hawkins - 22/11/2008 16:28:20

I might be persuaded to create the singular balance point equation that explains itself completely. Applying to Acham’s Razor, I suspect it would be less than 8” long. Consider the example of economy in the fullness and shortness of the famous ( e = mc sq ) .

I don’t wanta do it, but I’ve been accused of not being able to understand math for a long time now. I suppose I ought to respond. Still I don’t wanta, but if the man who accused me of illiteracy for over a year now were to ask me very nicely, I might do it. I might do the simple, singular, all encompassing equation and get it over with.

Report Abuse
Answer: Glenn Hawkins - 03/12/2008 15:38:30

Not, Flutter.
Certainly not a static balance point.

‘Balance point’ is a limited idea taken from the Sandy Kidd’s experimental model.
It is simple beyond words and has been tested millions of times. It doesn’t work.

‘Flutter’ is a quick repeating idea taken from the Sandy Kidd experimental model.
This is more complicated reasoning involving vectors and torques and a free wheeling, forgiving logic. I see no possibility for it, because I will say without a lot of explanation, ‘static perimeters’. Unless the gyro moves outward perfectly, horizontally, it cannot lift.

Then back to Kidd’s device and let us abandon these untested, half-measures of it I mention above. Kidd’s device has never, so far as I know, been disproved.

Then there is also my tests of some actually very complex gyroscopic manipulations. The ones I, in a fit of stupidly once referred to as an inchworm. What an awful demeaning name, wrongly suggesting limits far too modest of its promise of power and speed. Anyway, the inchworm might work.

That’s it, just these two remaining ideas. All the other’s I have investigated over the years fail, including all but one of my own.

Report Abuse
Answer: PATRICK - 05/12/2008 04:57:15
 Create perfect horizontal balance by rpm, use opposing magnetics to create rpm, fluidicity will actaly make a mass weightless but untill lifted will show as its actual weight.BUT this is not true and simply by channeling the compressed air caused by the turbine blades of the gyro encased by an outer of carved blades but at a different spiral and that.359-367 That is that the inner blades that have one side possitive and other negative spin a full turn of 360 degres and 367 pass 359 outer blades.Both conical shaped a cone within a cone but the spiral of the inner blades may take for eg 25 revolutions to reach the top of the inner cone,whereas the outer cones inner face could be carved to take 28 revolutions to reach the top.Then opposing faces that of one side possitive and other neg.Not only is the inner spinning in the outer with an inner blades face coming up to an outer face one possitive one neg so pulled in towards that face BUT as well as many others.YET others in the 360 degrees are just passing BEING PUSHED ON by oppositional magnetic faces.IN THIS there can only be one place that inner and outer can be in alighnment but there is more pushing and more pulling because IT IS AND BOTH INNER AND OUTER R R R MADE UP OF PRIMES.The compressed air created by perpetual motion can be created even if the torque of the perpetuality is weak.BE it by reintroduction of the majority of the compressed air back into the module onto the inner fins of the inner turbine cone staring at the bottom to give more push and slowly working up to the thinner top of cone where the same amount of compressed air will give more turns than lower down.GEARING USED TO MAKE THE SLIGHTEST PERPETUALITY VIA FLUIDICITY ONLY POSSIBLE IN A MODULE THAT USES NATURES OWN MAGNETIC REPULTION,TRAPPED BY THE USE OF INDIVISIBLE PRIME NUMBERS WHICH NATURE CREATED ITSELF. Glenn please come 4 dinner.

Report Abuse
Answer: PATRICK - 05/12/2008 05:39:12
 I do not ever use or read e mail, post is better the writen word is the old correspodance but better in my veiw anyway.I ONLY ADD AN ANSWER cos of that harry k k k needs 2 stop being so arogant and fkin anal bout maths.he is the man 4 maths 4 sure,but is there anything in his life other than.......IF anyone put life asside 4 20 years they would learn all there is to know.But 2 av a creative mind and active thinker is either a gift or knolage given by the people who give only bcause of ones evaluated nature and what that person would utmost give 4 nature.

Report Abuse
Answer: Glenn Hawkins - 05/12/2008 15:43:44
 DEAR PATRICK,
I WILL TRY TO TRANSFER YOUR WAY OF THINKING INTO MY WAY OF THINKING IN ORDER TO UNDERSTAND.

PATRICK - 05/12/2008 04:57:15 “Create perfect horizontal balance by rpm,. . .”

INCREASE THE FLYWHEEL’S ROTATION SPEED, UNTIL THE GYROSCOPE HOLDS INDEFINITELY SUSPENDED IN THE AIR AS IT SLOWLY PRECESSES.

“. . . use opposing magnetics to create rpm, audacity. . .”

I DO NOT SEE HOW YOU CAN ROTATE A CONNECTED METALLIC FLUID WITH MAGNETICS, SUCH AS IS DONE BY USING ‘SEPARATED’ ARMATURE PLATES IN ELECTRIC MOTORS.

“. . . fuidicity will actaly make a mass weightless. . .”

YOU MUST MEAN MERCURY? IF MICROSCOPIC METTLES FILLINGS WERE SUSPENDED IN OIL A MAGNET WOULD BUNCH THEM UP AND THERE COULD BE NO EVEN SPREAD.

“. . . fluidity will actaly make a mass weightless., but untill lifted will show as its actual weight.

I DON’T BELIEVE THERE IS ANY SCIENTIFIC INFORMATION SUGGESTING FLUID CAN BE MANIPULATED TO CHANGE ITS WEIGHT. EXPERIMENTS TO ELEVATE FROGS AND PLASTICS HAVE BEEN DONE, AND WITH ENOUGH ELECTRICAL ENERGY OUR GRANDMOTHERS COULD BE ELEVATED- -- HOWEVER, THE ELECTRO MAGNETIC MACHINE AND EVEN SIMPLER PERMANENT MAGNETS PULLING, OR REPULSING TAKE ON THE WEIGHT OF THE MATERIAL THEY ELEVATE. NO WEIGHT LOSS OCCURS.

If you deal with this, I will attempt to decipher the rest of your post for my own understanding. Thank you for the invitation to dinner. I enjoy free food. Just kidding. I would like to have dinner, but I suspect you live too far away. Where do you live?

Thanks for responding,
Glenn

Report Abuse
Answer: Glenn Hawkins - 06/12/2008 14:06:14
 For Patrick:

1915, Gold Point Cr. N.
Hixson, TN. 37343
USA

Hi Pat,

Report Abuse
Answer: PATRICK - 07/12/2008 08:54:12
 Glenn.HELLO.KNOCK.KNOCK.
U use now upper case as an onslought 2 me.
That paragraph on mercury being a fluid??????
Is that the answer then .....ok i was wrong.
But im sure i was on about fluidicity being the heavier protons in a gyro being thrown out naturaly lateraly when the spin of the gyro enduces weight to travel outwards from the centre at a 90 degree angle only if there is no woble... but high mass at high rpm or at any constant rpm 90 degrees will hold its own constant...

I hope that was atest or i will loose all faith and what a world 2 live in for us all!!

Report Abuse
Answer: Glenn Hawkins - 07/12/2008 12:34:31
 Dear Patrick,
There was no onslaught. I would not do that against you. The opposite in fact is true, because I think you are a swell guy and you invited me to dinner. The uppercase I used was used to better separate what you said, from what I said. That was the only reason. Next time I’ll use quotation marks only. Thank you again for the invitation to dinner.
You said. “But I’m sure I was on about fluidicity being the heavier protons in a gyro being thrown out naturally laterally when the spin of the gyro educes weight to travel outwards from the centre at a 90 degree angle . . .”
Yes. I’m sure this is right, except I would say momentum is thrown out creating centrifuge, instead of saying weight is thrown out though they both act very, very much the same except for vectors. I once used fluidicity in a state of atomic dynamics to explain in theory why there is a speed limit in the universe and how it works. I remember how I did this, however if you are applying quantum statistics to study harmonic oscillation in the thermodynamics properties of liquids, gases and solids you are out of my league. I also applied mechanical fluidicity to explain centrifuge in mechanical terms. What a trip. It produced some striking, at least to me, drawings. I had forgotten about this.

Have a Merry Christmas,
Glenn

Report Abuse
Answer: PATRICK - 11/12/2008 02:20:53
 GLENN

Just wrote a good long ans 4 u,and due 2 my stupidty after an hour of typing i was supposed 2 hit caps lock but hit tab then return loosing the lot. So anyway now i state in shortened form that i hope our conveyence and relationship and trust will grow and especialy now i can write on paper making it more secure and personal 4 me,PS if the wax seal is broken let me know! all that was just lost in typing will never happen again.

In basics of what i say is 2 the fact that an outer circle of prime number incraments over 360 degrees and an inner of a greater number of incraments that are of a prime number, There will only b 1 equilibrium only 1 that meets....therefore the sum of the amount that do not and also 2 take into account in degrees of how much each has rotated be in the first from equilibrium of 0.00479 degrees infront and in a state of repultion of its back face being possitive charge to the foreface of the outer being possitive charged.

But hey i rattle on but thankyou glenn 4 an address to write 2.

The world is as becoming a breed 4 greed, selfishness, most mans wants must haves.
Here soccer players reach monthly incomes of 200,000 the david bechams of this world destroy the financial make up of our country,I myself hold no jealousy but do hate of how the simplistic gred of mind aspires 2 B .

LEWIS HAMMILTON my my what a strive he had against the thinking of old england,and 2 be paid up and above 20 million a year,,,, o how we will suffer as a third world 2 righten the selfish in our forecoming recesion as we fall behind in the global race.

Eric was far 2 early in history to create a change in the past industrial revolution, . , .
BUT 4 NOW............ Only industrial revalation is looming with recycling enveloping at a greater rate than ever immagined. Technological advancement in a parralel to global warming,and the selfish now 4 the first time start 2 think.

Here in england decimalisation came in the 70s,This is all that most see...in my school years we learnt the early centimetre and milimetre yet still understand inches feet, pounds ounces.AND IN ALL SERIOUSNESS who new decimalisation b4 1970 realy. because the myans at chichenitsa didnt,The builders of king jgosers chamber had no idea and 4 sure the ones that dragged the blue stone from wales 2 build the henge had a monatary system of other graduementation.

IF and IF perpetuality could arrise and could arrise in a manner that was not controlled by the few...so would now be made as public as stephensons rocket, which back then he stated i am today going 2 go 30 mph oh how they laughed but a few thousand came 2 watch his failure in hyde park but witnessed the very begining of steam locamotion which enabled the industrial revolution to boom and transportation and production through the war and into the early 70s.At this point in time in the 70s the rock n roll outlook of the future had passed and it was entering the technological age of space travel..STOPPPPPPPPPPPPP!

Enrico and others split the atom in 1945 or abouts,inany of my writing pls accept dates and times or names to be thereabouts,OVER 60 YEARS AGO in a short period in historys time scale,television,telephone,electricity and sir frank whitle developed the jet engine of which 60 years later is our fasteast means of travel.

Perpetuality IS and has always been the only invention that cannot b copywrited. I HAVE no choice but 2 and have taken 11 years 2 evaluate whether to disclose my knolage that was given in basics by another,of which i have worked on 4 hours upon hours leaning atomic physics,studying egyptian maths,crop circles, myan enscript and alighnment,BUT also emalgamating all in an innocent mind to envelop an almost pure bite of the basics that is writen to see but only if u start at the begining..IE as a cave man becomes aware of math as he "or she" as i have 2 say, playes or throughout bordem fiddles around with a few pepples to create math without any knolage.

My biggest overcoming was 2 start and forget all input or placed knolage passed down by time.

My self created math then ended up as latteral thinking....There is always one in a class at school! i passed so easily whereas english lang 2 me contradicted itself in my veiw.

Forget pollitical correctness or however its spelt for a mo...ADAM has a pink jumper! INfact everything that adam has is pink! and yet in the english language it is then said that pink is adams peculiarity.................................
I myself and im sure every one else does but i am not allowed to preclude to arrise at an assumption unless i undertake a survey to arrise at the fact of which i cannot state the fact even if all in the survey undertaken think that adam is peculiar..and must state as only my supposition that if the results were taken and evaluated over this small percentage of perticipents to evaluate the percentage of participents that thought adam was peculiar! Dont matter anyhow as all i was sayin was that this is his or Her peculiarity as is peculiar 2 oneself.

SO if its peculiar 2 oneself how does or what does he or she expect the rest of us 2 make of it...............................And that is why i myself reject allot or alott of the english language and especialy now u cannot because of pollitical correctness say about adam or turn it arround which f***s them off is so terrorists are wrong but then again that is only my conclusion or as kiddy fiddlerds..So i know now anyhow not 2 have or say even if to produce a survey as is only my thought or the thought of the majority of my survey so there is no stated right or wrong.

So if there is no R or W then what r laws,something to abide 2 yet 2 b changed if found to be against a minority and by singleing out a minority as we all have learnt is wrong.......4 F***S sake no wonder we live how we live!!

Dear Glenn

Sorry 2 have 2 go through it all from A toZ, But perhaps this makes my reasons clearer for world peace, world evaluation and r they ready really 4 industrial revalation if ever anyone were allowed to give that.

My answer is no, but still may some try to create utopia in readyness 2 ans to those below our creator, BUT AND WOA WOA BUT....SO FAR INFRONT IT WILL MAKE URE EYES WATER.. Love is the answer love is the key!!!!

Report Abuse
Answer: Glenn Hawkins - 11/12/2008 19:58:33
 Patrick Hi,

While I thank of it: I don’t have a ‘return’ button, but have a ‘backspace’ and an ‘enter‘ button. In any case you should have an edit command in the top row, left side. Next time you fowl up the works go to edit and click ‘undo typing’. Each time you click it the last change you made should be restored. You might restore many past changes if you need to. More later.

Glenn,

Report Abuse
Answer: PATRICK - 16/12/2008 21:55:04
 1. Itchworm " Hmmmm" has a loverly ring 2 it.Cannot then prime numbers be used against each other?
2.How about the use of magnetic repultion to better todays knolage of travel to make it better?
3.Who created pye,thagorus or the egyptians or myans or shamen by 22 divided by 7?
4.The power of the propeller created by the wright brothers,did not then sir frank whitle creat something out of nothing by developing the propeller further into moving more air th
an was deemed possible?
5.Could there ever b an industrial revalation period in the earths future?
6.Does the change in the design of fast reactors make it impossible to get hold of 239-235.
7.Is there any way to slow half life?
8.If a relavation was made of how aluminium could repell itself.Is this new news?
9.In what respect does mana gold as a coating over carbon fibre,give above any other high strenth conductive sphere
10.In electricity we have + and negative and the earh.BUT is there any possibility of ++ against neg neg in relation to a shaped module of a design to give repultion to its next that consists of 17 types of electrical states, compared to our known 3

Report Abuse
Answer: Glenn Hawkins - 17/12/2008 13:08:06
 Dear Patrick,
I knew you were special, also that being special presented some problems in communication with the drab and dreary everyday world of the rest of us, who are only normal. We don’t understand you. During your speed and study for years you may have grasp an answer our mathematicians try to answer in the infinite study of prime numbers all the time and have been trying to answer since old, old times.

If you want anybody here to understand you, you must slow down and fully explain in detail and draw good pictures simplifying everything to the mechanical. If you can’t do that I’m sorry.

“I have created something from nothing,,,, jus look at your long reaction.” That’s fun and clever. Keep posting.

Cordially Yours,
Glenn

Outer circumferences verses inter conferences produce veritable ratios dependent on the thickness of the line, or wall separating them. The prime numbers would be displaced, aligned and misaligned at various wall thicknesses infinitely depending on both, separation thickness and circumference of infinite choices. Is that right? Why did you chose a thickness off 1/360 and circumferences of 359 and 361? Is that right?

Report Abuse
Answer: pat - 05/02/2009 04:22:11
 glenn,
looking at that mettles fylings ryte boy

Report Abuse
Answer: PATRICK - 02/06/2010 02:32:29
 IT IS SIMPLY where is the answer, it is with those more intune than anyone on this planet ryte now boy. NEcla say dem priclat ne sar dre na

Report Abuse
Add an Answer >>
Website. Copyright © 2024 Glenn Turner. All rights reserved. site info
Do not copy without prior permission. Click here for gyroscope products